Thursday, August 29, 2013

Flipping the Afghan

Sometime back, I said that when the finished work became too cumbersome on the side nearest to me, I would turn the work. That puts the empty mesh over my lap. The table supports the heavier finished part of the afghan.

I've arrived at the halfway point and it was more than time to turn the afghan around.

 
I finished the knots on what used to be the beginning of the rows, so now the first half of the blanket is knotted at both ends.
 
 
 

When I flipped the chevron pattern baby blanket, I had no problem continuing with the pattern. Since the visible mesh didn't matter as part of the pattern, I could always start weaving going down into the first hole.
 
(Just to remind you how it looked)
 
 

But since I now have to consider the pattern of the mesh, I've discovered that it was easier for me to hit the first hole when I worked above the finished part. My mind has to work harder to figure out the pattern working below the previous rows. I can't tell you why that is. I'm simply reporting my observation.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment