Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finished Baby Blanket


Here's the finished work. It only took a week - and I had to figure it out almost from scratch.

I have photos of the last couple of steps.

After I worked on the blanket for a while and had one end finished, I found that it was easier and cooler to turn the blanket and work from the middle out to the other end.

 After I finished, I was thrilled beyond description that I had knotted the edges as I went along at the end of each strand. You can't easily knot the beginning of each row, but it's only one more stitch to knot the ends.

After I finished the rest of the knots, I had to trim the fringe.


I hung the edge of the blanket over the side of the card table, straightened out the fringe, and trimmed it to a nice length on all four sides.

I think it came out okay, considering that I worked out most of the techniques by myself. Setting it up was the hardest part. Once I made the important decisions, it was as simple as anything I've ever made.

Give it a try. You might enjoy yourself and come up with a nice piece of yarn craft at the same time.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz


No comments:

Post a Comment