Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Observation on a No Bunch Mesh

Mesh tends to pull together as you weave it. If you pull the yarn into its stretch, when you release it, it shrinks and the mesh pulls together.

Ripples make the dimensions of the piece you are working on uneven. You don't want that.

The piece I am currently working on is not rippling like my previous pieces. I think I've figured out why.

Each time I weave as much as the needle will comfortably handle, I pull the yarn through. Then I put a pointer finger on the beginning of that section and the other pointer finger on the new end that I just wove. Then I stretch the two ends apart. The yarn and the mesh both come out even if I do that consistently.

No puckering this time around. I'm pretty happy with it.

 
 
 
Thanks for visiting with me,
 
Kathi Linz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment