Friday, September 6, 2013

Starting the Plaid

I finished working the pattern going across.


 
 
 
I started in the middle again as I'm working the up and down part of the pattern.
 
While I understood the theory of the design, this is the first time that I'm actually working a plaid pattern.
 
 
 
Here's what I've learned so far:
  1. The next time I work a plaid, I will choose a simpler pattern.
  2. When I work only on the mesh, I might scrunch up to a foot of mesh on the needle before I pull the yarn through. Crossing over yarn is another story. Work in short sections and tug each section before you go on.
  3. You WILL weave through other strands of yarn. Don't plan on pulling out the mistakes easily like working on open mesh.
  4. You have to decide if you want to weave over or under the across strands. Whichever one you decide to do will determine how much of the color shows.
  5. Sometimes it's hard to find the holes under the other yarn.
  6. If you are a perfectionist, try a simpler plaid or stick with single direction weaving.
  7. The mesh will pucker more than it does when worked in one direction.
Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz

You might have noticed that I added a donation button to the blog. If you will help me keep up with supplies, I will keep posting here for all to see.

Thanks in advance.
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete