Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gone to Plaid

Sorry, I couldn't help using the line from "Spaceballs".

Anyway, I worked up the first part of the pattern.

If I wanted to be really picky, I would move the two outside reds in one space. Then it would be perfectly balanced.

You'll notice that I did all of the colors except the white. When you weave a plaid pattern, you choose the main color and only work it going up and down - not across.  The other colors have to be worked across as well as up and down to get the solid color blocks and the two-color blocks. If that isn't completely clear, you'll see a little better as we go.

I chose white for the main color even though the original photo showed green. The best main colors for mesh weaving plaid are white, off-white, and tan so that the visible mesh doesn't complicate the look of the pattern.

Today, I'm going to finish the pattern going across. I'll try to get that posted tonight or tomorrow, and then we'll start weaving the pattern including the white.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment