Saturday, September 14, 2013

Progress on Squares

These beautiful days have called me outdoors, but I am making progress on the squares blanket.


It's hard to get the tension just right on this pattern. I am having fun with it. I like working on any square I choose. I like only having to do a little weaving to see a whole section filled.

I can't cut a piece of yarn long enough to fill a whole square. It takes more than one piece of yarn to complete one color. If I work one direction with the first piece and in another direction with the next piece of yarn, the visible mesh starts to look like an optical illusion. If I make sure all of the yarn works in a continuous pattern, a corner-to-corner diagonal pattern shows up. You can play with this one to see how interesting you want to make it or to make everything come out even.

I'll post more as I get farther along.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi Linz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment