Sunday, September 8, 2013

Half Plaid

I finished fixing and weaving the plaid base. I used a traditional overhand knot for the fringe and trimmed it fairly short - at least my idea of short. If perhaps a hospice care person is in a wheel chair, I would want the fringe short enough not to easily get in the wheels.

 
 
I wove this lap robe from side to side across the mesh. For every row, I started by going down into the first hole.
 
 
If  you look at the dark rows of the pattern, you will see that the visible mesh makes a small zigzag - almost a straight line across the weave. It's possible to make chevrons going either up and down the mesh or across. In the next couple of days, I'll make some small samples to give you exact directions for ways to show off the visible mesh.
 
Thanks for visiting with me,
 
Kathi Linz


 

No comments:

Post a Comment