Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Using Several Needles




Once before I tried using several needles at once and got them completely confused. This time I worked with five needles for most of the afghan and was doing well.

Here's the trick: The first needle you use goes closest to the place you are working on. The second needle goes above that by a few strands. The third is always in the third place, etc. 

When you advance to the next section, you take the needle closest to you and use that one first. Then the next needle and so on until you reach the opposite end. 

As long as you figure out a system that works for you every time, you can use as many needles as you are comfortable with. 

Five needles gave me about half an inch after each pass. Ten needles gave me just over one inch at a time. It also took longer. I spent about 25 minutes working ten needles from one end to the other. But it made the empty mesh so much smaller each time and I didn't have to shove the material back and forth as often.

Choose whatever works best for you. If you are happy working one strand at a time, God bless you. If you like to see more progress at once, try several needles. Set up a working pattern and you should be easily able to make a go of it.

Thanks for visiting with me,

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment