Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tying Knots



When you are finishing the fringe, please use an overhand knot - or whatever the knot shown above is called. You can hold the left side and slide the knot into any position you want. I knotted three strands together in each knot.

I once tried tying off the fringe (in my young and foolish days) with square knots. The ends stuck out every which way and looked terrible. Please don't repeat my mistake.

Also this time I made the fringe shorter, about 4 inches. I have learned that if you leave long, luxurious fringe (6 inches or better) and then you wash your afghan, you will get the biggest tangled mess you ever saw.

Short fringe is better for blankets that will need cleaning once in a while.

Or you can wrap the whole thing in a towel while it is being washed and dried so the ends don't get a chance to interact with each other. Another option is to roll it up with the fringe in the middle, tie it that way, wash it, and then hang it over a clothes line or over the fence to dry.

Fair warning.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment