Friday, June 15, 2018

Knotted and Done

The lap robe I've been working on is finished. I tied the edge knots and trimmed the long ends this morning.

Maybe you will be better at tying knots than I am. Please forgive the unevenness.

I do know that double knotting the ends makes a wild and crazy fringe. The ends stick out all over. They need to be tied with an overhand knot two or three at a time. You can tie more ends at once if you wish, keeping in mind that the clusters will be farther apart and you might bunch up the edge if you pull the knots too close.

The one thing to think of is that the knots need to include at least one over and one under strand so the knots stay at the edge where they belong.



I'm getting more fabric tomorrow. Big project to work on by the middle of July.

Thanks for visiting with me.

Kathi

1 comment: